yours truly.: You know, I figured more people would headcanon that their f!Wardens would at least have a grudging respect for Anora.
Think like, a rivalry status in DA2.
She’s a woman in a man’s world who doesn’t take shit from anyone.
She’s had her position questioned on the sole fact that she’s a woman. (oh hey that sounds like a familiar conversation with a certain Qunari companion)
She had to act like the leader when the man who should have taken the leadership role was decidedly slacking on the job. (oh hey that sounds like another familiar scenario with a certain royal bastard)
She’s a common born woman who goes toe-to-toe with those of noble birth every day.
She lost people she cared deeply about. I do think she loved Cailan, and she lost her father to whatever paranoia that consumes him throughout the game. At the same time, she’s looking for a solution that both benefits herself, her father, and her country and as a daughter who loves her own father can you really blame her for not wanting Loghain dead, but nevertheless understanding why that choice might have to be made.
She’s a woman who can hold her own ground. She’s crafty, witty, and intelligent, and has probably had to put up with Eamon scoffing in her general direction for being not only a lady in command, but one of common birth as well. Again, she’s a woman who’s making her way in a world that tries its hardest to knock women a peg or two down.
It’s almost four in the morning and I’m having a lot of feelings towards a fictional character, and I have a lot of disappointing thoughts when I realize not a lot of people appreciate her character.
They only see her as an obstacle, when she’s so much more than that.
I also have a little stupid fanfic in my head about Elissa Cousland and her grudging respect/lady crush on Anora.
Yes! I love Anora as a character and I wish I could say I was surprised at the amount of hate that she gets, sadly, I am not (and I’m particularly disgusted by how some people call her ‘Anwhora’ …so bloody juvenile :/). People tend to put male characters on a pedestal while reviling female characters for having similar traits. I think Anora is refreshing. And while my Warden doesn’t keep her on the throne, she still has a lot of respect for her.
Sometimes I think it is a jealousy issue, after all, in most origins she can marry king Alistair while you can’t. Also the betrayal thing, of course, but it doesn’t make hate her either. But I don’t understand the hate on Isolde either. Actually I relate A LOT to her, being a mother too.
seconded on the “Anwhora” part. it’s just so stupid and childish, and it makes me lose respect for people who call her that. it’s more or less blatantly said that Cailan was the sterile one in the relationship, and that he fucked around enough for it to be common knowledge— and then the letters in Ostagar, where Eamon and Cailan were planning for his divorce and remarriage to Celene— him charging blindly into Ostagar, refusing to wait for the chevaliers, and basically costing the kingdom of its (admittedly figurehead) ruler, and yet still everyone puts Cailan on this pedestal and Anora is the one who is reviled and evil and horrible.
it makes me wonder if females despise characters of their own sex on some subconscious level. i’ve been in many fandoms, and i’ve seen it happen to a lot of characters like Anora. it’s sort of unsettling. |:
everyone pines for strong female characters and the minute one appears, said everyone seems to hate her or want to do unspeakable things to her.
meh. i have a lot of feelings on the subject.
/munches toast irritably.
I hate it when Tumblr messes up the tags (and if someone knows how, please tell me how to get it right, not just the shortened versions of the original posts!)
Just agreeing with you with all the power of my heart. For some reason, a lot of female gamers can’t relate to the strong NPC’s, they only relate to the PC, which creates the sort of weirdness like Anora and Morrigan hatred. I usually get the feeling the actual haters are those too young to actually be allowed to play - with some remarkable exceptions like your splendid self ^^ - so I tend not to give them much weight. ^^
- jicklet reblogged this from zenjestrr
- jicklet likes this
- jediandnecromancers reblogged this from zenjestrr
- pyjak likes this
- pyjak reblogged this from zenjestrr
- zenjestrr reblogged this from wantedcosine
- zenjestrr likes this
- wantedcosine reblogged this from elysium-fic
- vilfaras likes this
- ericaceae likes this
- samgurl775 likes this
- eighteenkaratrunofbadluck likes this
- humainsvolants likes this
- redliquish reblogged this from redheadpowers
- holysuperlatives likes this
- heretherebdragons likes this
- psync reblogged this from redheadpowers
- elzee3 likes this
- sehnsuchttraum likes this
- redheadpowers reblogged this from elysium-fic and added:
- annaturaldisaster likes this
- mortalitasi likes this
- zimrathon likes this
- eyeballmonster likes this
- donnaanna reblogged this from mortalitasi and added:
- mortalitasi reblogged this from tumblchorraden and added:
- brennacedria likes this
- brennacedria reblogged this from ashstoner and added:
- ashstoner reblogged this from buttsofjustice and added:
- ashstoner likes this
- impromptuonedykedanceparty likes this
- lifeofkj likes this
- tumblchorraden reblogged this from buttsofjustice and added:
- buttsofjustice reblogged this from redheadpowers and added:
- defira85 likes this
- heretherebdragons reblogged this from redheadpowers and added:
- articulatez likes this
- lafemmedarla likes this
- lafemmedarla reblogged this from redheadpowers and added:
- lissomesimplicity likes this
- facetiousfox likes this
- trinitykitsune likes this
- redliquish likes this
- pho-carrot reblogged this from redheadpowers and added:
- luxremington likes this
- taimaka likes this
- uncle-anwar likes this
- toudou likes this
- julius-seize-her likes this